May 27, 2008
Government Counsel Section ANNUAL MEETING
and CLE Topical Luncheon
SECTION MEMBERS WHO ARE OUTSIDE THE DENVER METRO AREA WHO CANNOT ATTEND
IN PERSON ARE URGED TO PARTICIPATE BY CONFERENCE CALL.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008, at 12 o'clock noon
Colorado Bar Association Executive Conference Room
1900 Grant Street, Ninth Floor
Denver, CO 80203
2008 Legislative Update for Government Attorneys
Erin Goff, Staff Attorney, Colorado Municipal League
Erin Goff will be speaking on the bills of interest for government attorneys in the 2008 Colorado legislative session. One CLE Credit has been applied for.
In addition, the Section will be conducting its annual election of Section officers, and nominations will be made from the floor at the annual meeting. The Section Bylaws provide: “Nominations shall be made from the floor and by phone if a member is attending by phone. Nomination and voting shall be held first for Chairperson, then Vice-Chairperson, then Secretary, then Board of Governor's Representative. All members present at the meeting or attending the meeting by phone may vote. Election shall be by majority vote of the members present.” IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE SECTION COUNCIL BUT WILL BE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING, CONTACT CHAIR ROBERT MACK OR STAFF LIAISON MICHELLE GERSIC TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION.
Cost for the CLE Program which includes a HOT BUFFET LUNCH:
* CBA Government Counsel Section Members FREE, including those participating via conference call
* CBA Members $10
* Non-Members $15
* Conference call attendees who are not Government Counsel Section Members - $5
RSVP by Monday, May 26th, at 12 o'clock noon. Please reference the Government Counsel luncheon when making your reservation. Vegetarian requests must be made at the time of the reservation. Cancellations must also be received by May 26th at noon. Any cancellations after this date or no-shows will be charged for the lunch.
* For in-person attendance: e-mail email@example.com or call (303) 860-1115 ext. 727 or (800) 332-6736 ext. 727.
* For conference call participation: call staff liaison Michelle Gersic at (303) 824-5342 or (800) 332-6736, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for instructions on how to participate. You must RSVP to participate via conference call.
* Welcome and Introduction
* Election of Officers at May Meeting:
--Nominations and election of Chair
--Nominations and election of Vice Chair
--Nominations and election of Secretary
--Nominations and election of Board of Governors Representative
* Appointment of Legislative Policy Liaison
* CLE Program, “2008 Colorado Legislative Update for Government Attorneys”
* Next Meeting Date
* Other Business