Peer Professionalism Assistance Group
The Peer Professionalism Assistance (PPA) group (formerly known as the Metropolitan Conciliation Panel) has been sponsored by the Denver Bar Association for 15 years. In 2002, PPA was converted into a metropolitan-wide program, which now consists of attorneys from Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin and Jefferson counties. It is part of a nationwide effort to assist the enhancement of professionalism among attorneys.
WHO DOES PPA HELP?
Troubled by rude and unprofessional attorneys? Have you come across an attorney behaving in any of the following ways:
• Uncooperative in scheduling matters?
• Refusing to respond to telephone calls or correspondence?
• Personally attacking you in correspondence, e-mails or court documents?
• Rude and contentious in communications?
PPA offers FREE, voluntary (except when court ordered) and confidential assistance to attorneys to resolve professionalism disputes with other attorneys. PPA can assist attorneys in the following ways:
• Mentor the calling attorney and provide advice on how to handle the situation.
• Contact the offending attorney upon request to discuss the professionalism issues.
• Meet jointly with both attorneys to resolve the professionalism issues.
PPA does not assist the general community or clients with complaints, nor do we handle violations of the Colorado Rules of Professional Conduct (ethical violations).
WHO ARE THE PPA PANEL MEMBERS?
The PPA panel members are a diverse, volunteer group of experienced lawyers, known for their integrity and professionalism.
HOW TO CONTACT PPA.
You may call our general help line at 303-860-1115 or contact one of the PPA panel members directly as follows:
March1, 2014 through April 30, 2014: