Make Materials and Resources Accessible and Available
Local domestic violence agencies can assist you in putting together appropriate materials and information. (Source FVPF1)
Here are some ways to make those materials accessible and available:
Include educational/informative articles about domestic violence in your company newsletter and list community domestic violence resources there.
- Include information in paycheck stuffers.
- Create and display posters with help line numbers in restrooms.
- Send information via blast e-mails to all employees.
- Offer brown bag informational lunches.
- Make any domestic violence policy available for all employees to read.
- Leave copies of safety plans and information in common areas, such as break rooms.
Other ways to be proactive in dealing with domestic violence:
Consider possible legal liabilities.
Develop contacts with local domestic violence service providers.
Develop contacts with local law enforcement personnel.
Make referrals to community resources.
Develop policies and procedures.
Understand protective orders.