September 6, 2000
The CBA Disability Law Forum Committee met in the CBA offices on September 6,2000. In attendance were: Michael Breeskin, Charlie Masner, Rosemary Orsini, Melanie Segal, Mike Serruto, Robert Ward and Kevin Williams.
1. Kevin Williams will be the new column editor for disability related articles in the Colorado Lawyer. Both Kevin and Maralee Archer are working together for the November article which will cover pre-employment inquiries.
2. This committee is allotted two articles annually, but we can do more if anyone has an interest. If you have interest, please contact Kevin Williams.
3. The committee had a discussion regarding the Knapp waitlist case.
4. The committee discussed the application of SSI to Medicaid and the impossibility of being able to work and keep benefits simultaneously. The committee voted that this was an issue that we would like to follow. Mike Serruto has graciously volunteered to look into it.
5. The committee discussed its goals for the upcoming year. Everyone seemed to want to be a more proactive committee and to continue tracking legislation as we have in the past.