October 17, 2006
Colorado Alliance For Cruelty Prevention
Present: Joan Casey, Norm Renter, Martha Smith, Mary Toornman, Lisa Parks, Becky Richey, Cheryl Law, Kathleen Schoen
- Barstow, Ca -- Kay Dahlinger and Kath Schoen trained 40 professionals, including fire fighters, police, child protective services, and victim advocates.
- Savio House (Nov. 29, 2006, 2:30 – 4:30 pm) – Kath will contact Phil Tedeschi and Jennifer Fitchett to see if they are available.
- Victorville, Ca – Kay Dahlinger and Becky Stern will train in Victorville in January 2007.
- Wags to Whiskers (Oct 28, 2006, 9 am – 4 pm): Information booth – Joan Casey is coordinating.
- Treatment Component: Committee decided to see if Phil Tedeschi could speak to the committee at next meeting.
- Protection order (including provisions to protect animals) - Mary Toornman is the liaison between the CAFWA and Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- CAFWA is exploring legislation involving DNA tracking for felony offenders of animal abuse, and mandatory reporting by veterinarians.
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 12:00 – 1:30 pm, CBA Terrace Conference Room, 1900 Grant St., Suite 900, Denver, CO 80203.