PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF AGENDA ITEMS
Executive Council. The Executive Council meets periodically throughout the year to address management issues, although it is empowered to exercise full authority for the Board of Governors when necessary. Contact the Assistant Executive Director at the CBA office to submit an issue for Council consideration. The issue will be placed on the agenda for the next Council meeting. All persons submitting agenda items will be notified of the date and time of the scheduled Council meeting in order to allow for presentations on all submitted issues.
Board of Governors. The Board of Governors meets two to three times a year. The Board sets the overall policy and direction of the CBA. Prior to each meeting, committees, sections, local and specialty/minority bar associations will be contacted to determine if they have an issue for Board consideration. If they do, that matter will be placed on the agenda for the next Board meeting. The committee/section/bar association will be notified of the place and time of that meeting at which representatives of the entity will be asked to make a presentation.
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF BAR SERVICES/STAFF
Office Hours. The CBA hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The CBA staff must be notified when meetings are scheduled at the CBA office, especially at times other than normal working hours as notice must be given to the building security to arrange to be here or open the office.
Conference Rooms. The CBA has five conference rooms available by appointment on the 9th floor. The conference room capacities are: one conference room will accommodate 30 persons, two rooms will accommodate 20 each, another 12 and the smallest will accomodate 4.
Non-Smoking Offices/Meetings. The CBA offices are designated as being a non-smoking environment. All of the conference rooms are also non-smoking areas.
Parking Validation. The CBA will validate members' parking coupons when visiting the CBA office for Section sponsored CLE Luncheons, Executive Council Meetings and Committee Meetings.
Phones/Offices. Generally, there are phones and/or an office available on a temporary basis for members to use. Please ask the staff to locate a vacant office/phone for you.
Refreshments. The area outside of the conference rooms is equipped with a coffee maker, water, refrigerator and sink. Coffee is available to members and visitors at no cost. Soft drinks may be purchased from the machine in the kitchen.
* The CBA staff is available to assist committees and sections in the following ways:
* Reserve conference rooms for meetings. Reservations should be requested through the CBA staff as far in advance of each meeting as possible to avoid conflicts in scheduling.
* Send out notices of meetings if notified to do so within a reasonable period of time prior to the meeting. We suggest at least three weeks advance notice to give members adequate time to plan. The Colorado Supreme Court needs 2 weeks notice to ensure time to grant CLE credit for an event.
* Reproduce and distribute meeting minutes to committee members. It is the responsibility of the committee to take and prepare minutes.
* Provide public relations assistance. (See Communications section of manual)