Equal Opportunity & Minority Recruitment
The Colorado and Denver Bar Associations will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap, marital status, sexual orientation or national origin. The bar associations will work to ensure that qualified minority and handicapped applicants are employed. Such efforts must include, but are not limited to the following: employment, upgrading, recruitment, recruitment advertising and rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
- Include policy statement in personnel manual.
- Schedule meetings with employees to explain policy.
- Conduct special meetings with all levels of management to explain the policy and management's responsibility.
- Include discussion of the policy in employee orientation sessions.
- Post the policy on the appropriate employee bulletin boards.
- Notification to minority organizations of bar associations' policy.
- Communication of the bar associations' policy to prospective employees.
- Inform all recruiting sources verbally and in writing of the bar associations' policy and mention that we wish these sources to actively recruit and refer minorities for all open positions at the bar associations.
- Use of an equal opportunity clause in all help wanted advertising.