Benefits of Membership
• Automatic membership in the CBA Young Lawyers Division (YLD). The CBA YLD organizes and participates in legal education programs, pro bono activities, community service projects and social events. You can also join the YLD listserv to be automatically notified of such events and other programs of interest to new attorneys and law students. YLD also offers leadership opportunities.
Free local bar membership in one of the following: Arapahoe, Boulder, Denver, Douglas/Elbert, El Paso, Pueblo and Weld County Bar Associations. Local bar association activities and newsletters provide more networking opportunities and other ways to get more involved in local legal communities.
• Special student rates to attend 1-day continuing legal education programs. Did you take a class that sparked your interest in a particular area of law? Follow that up by attending a CLE program in that field of law and then impress your professors with all that you learn.
• Involvement in any of the CBA Sections & Committees offers a unique opportunity for members to study issues and influence legislation, participate in educational programs, and network with other people with similar interests. Law students are encouraged to become active in the sections and committees.
• Through the CBA Member Advantage Providers Program, you can get discounts on goods and services offered by vendors, including professional liability and group health insurance, high-speed Internet access, overnight delivery, car purchasing assistance, credit cards, car rental, litigation presentation technology and more.
• The CBA website, www.cobar.org, provides members with information they need to practice law more efficiently and effectively. You can find up-to-the-minute Colorado Supreme Court and Court of Appeals decisions, fully searchable articles from The Colorado Lawyer, job postings maintained by the Diversity in the Legal Profession Committee, legal research links and much more.
Please complete the following form. Fields with an asterisk ( * ) are required. Do not send a check now. You will receive an invoice from our Membership Services Department.
Please allow two weeks for processing.
If you are an attorney, please use the attorney application.
NOTE: Please be aware that this application is for membership in the Colorado Bar Association and is NOT the application to become a licensed attorney in Colorado. For information on becoming licensed to practice in Colorado, please go to www.coloradosupremecourt.com/BLE/ble_home.htm, the web page of the State Board of Law Examiners.