- This application applies to a lawyer who is licensed and in good standing in any jurisdiction
- There is an Inactive category for attorneys who are on inactive status
- This application is for membership in the Colorado Bar Association and is NOT the application to become a licensed attorney in Colorado. For information on becoming licensed to practice in Colorado, visit the Colorado Supreme Court Board of Law Examiners.
- Dues adjustments are made if joining after January 1.
- All CBA members who are on active status with the Colorado Supreme Court and who live in Colorado must belong to an affiliated local bar association.
Not sure which local bar to join? Check the list of local bars for your region.
Already a CBA member and want to join a section? Visit the CBA Sections homepage to find out more.
- Non-lawyer whose primary occupation is directly involved in assisting attorneys on a regular basis in the delivery of legal services.
- Associate are limited to paralegals, legal assistants, law office administrators, legal secretaries, court personnel, and bar association staff.
- All associate members will be required to have an attorney member sponsor their annual renewal and certify the non-lawyer is directly involved in assisting attorneys on a regular basis in the delivery of legal services.
Non-lawyer who, or an organization that, provides ancillary goods or services to attorneys or the legal profession.
Patrons include but are not limited to Mediators, Certified Public Accountants, Private Investigators, Court Reporters, Educators, Consultants, Vendors, Companies, and Corporate Associations. Patron members of the Colorado Bar Association are also permitted to join sections with the approval of the respective sitting chairperson. If you are a patron member and wish to join a section, please submit the Patron Application for Sections to start this process.
Must be a student at an accredited law school.
Student members shall enjoy such of the rights and privileges of active members as may be specified by the Board of Governors, except that they shall not have the right to hold office or to vote.
More information is available here.